Saturday, September 7, 2013

Art again...finally

I haven't been artistic in so long...it's been way too long!  A friend from church asked me several weeks ago about watercolors and could we get together some time.  She is a beginner and just wanted to get together and play and learn some tips.  I am not an accomplished watercolorist by far, but it sounded like fun and I was glad she asked.  So we invited a third friend, who has never painted with watercolor before and we all got together for four hours of painting.  

We used a book I have called "We're All Artists, Watercolor for Everyone" by Teresa Ascone, a local Anchorage painter.  I took my very first water color class from her several hundred years ago.  

We did an intermediate lesson but all succeeded!  It was so much fun to get together with the ladies and just paint.  Jonna's is on the left, mine is in the middle and Jean's is on the right.

9 comments:

A Lady's Life said...

It looks great. You do so well in watercolors
I want to start my oil paintings again Have no idea when I will be able to do this.
Rather hard to get organized.
I know the best artists come from the arctic ;)
xoxoxox

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What fun. The paintings look good to me. Sometimes we need a little nudge to get going again.

Mim said...

wow - all are wonderful! I should check that book out, what great results you all got.

Kellie said...

Those are wonderful Patty :)

And yes I wish you were already moved and could have Casper at your house. He'd be in heaven :)

Cris, Oregon Artist said...

Well they look great to me too. you said one had never painted? cant tell it by the painting. Nice to have company when creating art. Nice to see you back too. I was just thinking I hadnt seen anything from you in a long while. So many arent blogging anymore and I miss them.

Margaret Ann said...

I love touching base with you again...what fun it must have been for your three Muses to artistically interact. The paintings are all wonderful. A great idea for sure...nothing better than to have a friend by one's side...if I lived closer I would join in on the fun with you...;)

Teri said...

So good to see you art-ting again and to share with friends is even better.

Marj said...

These look like fun (especially doing it together). Reminds me of our Journal Watercoloring with Catherine Carey in Petoskey :-)
And the paintings are great!!!

Teresa Ascone said...

So great to see another painting from my book, We're All Artists: Watercolor for Everyone!" They all turned out fabulous :-)
By the way, I am teaching during Spring Semester at UAA, Eagle River campus and I'll be using my book as a text - in case anyone who lives near wants to join us!! It will be fun....
Best wishes,
Teresa Ascone
www.teresaascone.com